The domain of IT in the Chelyabinsk Region is developing rapidly, and these figures prove it.
- 1,162 IT companies operate in the region.
- 2,254 individual entrepreneurs work in this area of expertise.
- 159 companies are included in the Register of the Ministry of Digital Development of the Russian Federation.
Here are the leading IT companies of the region:
Why invest in IT?
There are a number of preferences for IT companies in the Chelyabinsk Region, namely:
- 0% property tax rate;
- 13,5% corporate income tax rate (regional component);
- 7% rate for the simplified tax system (revenues and expenses);
- 3% rate for the simplified tax system (revenues only);
- 0% tax rate for newly established organizations and individual entrepreneurs (within 2 tax periods).
Where can I get support?
The Center for the Development of Digital Technologies:
- advice on existing support measures (tax incentives, grants), assistance in preparing grant applications (grants offered by the Foundation for the Promotion of Innovations, Russian Foundation for the Development of Information Technologies), communication on behalf of companies with federal funds.
- Regional Technology Project Accelerator, which is a free 3-month acceleration course for early-stage startups.
- IT networking in the region, including through conferences, meetups, hackathons etc.
- career guidance and attraction of personnel to regional IT companies.
IT park (regional operator of the Skolkovo innovation center):
- coworking (comfortable office space for Skolkovo residents in downtown Chelyabinsk);
- access to Skolkovo services, assistance in obtaining resident status;
- project acceleration;
- assistance in finding investors and fundraising.
The most important IT events in the region:
- UWDC, or the Urals Developers Conference;
- annual Information Society forum.