Chelyabinsk Region - Territory for an investor
Chelyabinsk Region is a well-developed industrial and agricultural area of Russia. The region is located in the southern part of the Urals, on the border between Europe and Asia, and near the West Siberian Plain. Chelyabinsk Region is bordered with the Sverdlovsk Region in the north, the Kurgan Region in the east, the Republic of Bashkortostan in the west, and Kazakhstan in the southeast. The region's area is 88.5 thou. sq. km, the population is more than 3.4 million people.
In 2019, the amount of investments in the region was more than 299 billion RUB.
The region's largest cities are Chelyabinsk, Magnitogorsk, Zlatoust, Miass, and Kopeysk.
- Deposits of iron, copper, and zinc ores, graphite, magnesite, titanium, manganese, chrome etc.
- Relatively low expenditures in fabrication of metal products.
- High-tech areas of economy which helps to increase net exports of high-tech products.
- Highly qualified workforce.
- Growth potential in manufacturing and processing of agricultural products.
- The one-window support of businesses and investors.
- High level of inventiveness and increased potential for the introduction of innovations.
consists of the following industries:
The industrial production index (IPI) is constantly on the increase. During the first 9 months of 2020, it amounted to 96.9%.
The majority of investments is allocated to manufacturing (metallurgical production, fabrication of finished metal products, and production of machinery and equipment); production of electricity, gas and water; transport and communication, and mining. More than 650 mineral deposits and unique facing stone have been discovered, and more than 200 mining and processing enterprises operate in the region.
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metallurgy, metalworking: Chelyabinsk, Magnitogorsk, Zlatoust, Karabash city district, Asha and Satka municipal districts
- Mechanical engineering: Chelyabinsk, Kopeysk, Miass, Zlatoust, Ust-Katav, Ozersk, Trekhgorny, Kyshtym, and Yuzhnouralsk city districts
- Mining: Plast, Verkhneuralsk, Yetkul, and Agapovka municipal districts; Bakal municipal settlement.
- Innovation sector: Chelyabinsk, Magnitogorsk, Miass, Snezhinsk
450 industrial sites
Thousands of square meters of high-quality warehousing facilities